“The mission of MTAC is to pursue excellence in music education and advance the music teaching profession through innovative programs that foster artistic growth and achievement.”Music Teachers’ Association of California
At the MTAC AV (Music Teachers’ Association of California Antelope Valley) branch we:
- • promote the stability of the music teaching profession
- • maintain high professional standards of our members
- • maintain rigorous qualifications for membership in the organization, establishing the active member as a qualified accredited teacher
- • promote the development of musical potential and ability in students
The MTAC AV branch includes teachers from the cities of Littlerock, Palmdale, and other surrounding cities in the Antelope Valley teaching areas of study including clarinet, composition, flute, guitar, piano, saxophone, and more.
Students & Families
Why should you choose a MTAC teacher?
- • Gain access to highly qualified teachers who are committed to professional development of both their artistic and teaching practice; all members of the MTAC have college degrees in music or have undergone rigorous training that meets the stringent criteria of the Music Teachers’ Association of California.
- • Participate in statewide programs that provide opportunities for evaluations and competitions in both performance and composition.
- • Inspire both young and mature musicians to reach the highest levels of their potential.
Why should you join the MTAC?
- • Professional Opportunities – Become listed in the Find a Teacher page, receive preferred rates to the Annual State Convention, receive a subscription to The California Music Teacher magazine, and receive access to the Grove Online Dictionary.
- • Student Programs – Provide opportunities for your students through Certificate of Merit, VOCE, Piano Concerto/Solo Competition, Improvisation, and Composers Today programs.
- • Networking – Participate in local branch events including recitals, festivals, competitions, and master classes and identify with others in similar careers.
More Info: http://www.mtac.org/membership/#benefits